Friday, January 22, 2010


Graduation! What you have all been waiting for....

Finally, the day has come after 18 years of waiting. I finally get to be called a graduad and wear that prestigious gown. Looking at myself in the mirrior all dressed up in my gown, I could see the little girl in her checked dress sitting next to teacher Alice listening attentively to the words of wisdom that is to lead her to Makerere.

Read a book as a bee on a flower, you will harvest what you planted am like a hunter with a book as a shield and the pen is my spear. She would ask us to echo these words after her daily. Today all these word have come a fresh in my mind and for the first time in life, they really make sense to me, I am finally harvesting from my 18 years of tilling. It hasn't been easy I must say; my mother always says farmers do not break, they just bend; incase of a bad harvest, they bend but a good harvest will bring them back to their feet. Just like a farmer, education has never been easy: the stress, long hours of study, disappointments, and etc. But the fact that I have reached this day makes me an achiever.

Teacher Alice, I have finally killed the hunt. But it isn't that big am going for a bigger kill.

No comments: